Depression & Low Mood
I regularly work with people suffering with low mood and depression and it is often the case that clients who come to therapy suffer with this alongside their anxiety. I use both CBT and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) in working to improve depression symptoms.
As well as being a BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist, I am a certified teacher of MBCT which has been tested and proven effective in clinical trials throughout the world, to assist those who suffer repeated bouts of depression help themselves prevent the depression from returning.
CBT & MBCT can help you:
- Become familiar with the workings of your mind
- Notice when you are at risk of getting caught in old habits of mind that re-activate downward mood spirals
- Explore ways of releasing yourself from those old habits and, if you choose, enter a different way of being
- Be kind to yourself instead of wishing things were different all the time, or driving yourself to meet impossible goals.
- Discover a way so you don’t have to battle with yourself all the time
Feedback from clients who were experiencing depression:
"Caring & considerate"
"Beverley was caring and considerate, as well as having the experience and skills to get me from a very dark place back into a good one. I have had an extremely good experience and feel like I have a ‘survival toolkit’ to fall back on and utilize to continue to move forward".
"Safe environment, no judgements"
"I have learnt a lot of techniques to deal with negative feelings & understand better why I feel the way I do. Safe environment where no judgments are made about the things that bother you most "
"Helped me move forwards"
"I can’t even describe the massive difference you’ve made to me as a person and I can’t thank you enough. It has been life-changing.
Helped me move forwards & cope with life when I wasn't managing whilst being pragmatic & realistic, providing tools I can now use. Perfect balance between understanding & empathy whilst focusing on the future & how to move forwards"
Take The Next Step, Reach Out For Your Free Consultation
Contact me to book your free no-obligation 15-minute telephone consultation or drop me an email